Saturday, June 28, 2014

Having Fun In The World

Summer Is Awesome!

I love summer! When most of my friends are telling me they can't wait for school to start (when the kids have only been out a month)...I'm basking in the sunshine of my kids!

Summer is our time to relax. No schedules (sort of, Ty has therapy, Scouts, and an acting class each week). No "Hurry up, we're going to be late!" (sort of, they are kids after all). No running around trying to keep up.

We get to sleep late, stay up late, and enjoy the down time! And that's what I love the most. The time with my kids. They go go go all school year long. They have so many responsibilities and so little time to just be kids. Summer is their time to be kids.

And summer is my time to watch them be kids. It's my time to reflect on how fast they've grown, how much they mean to me, and how much I want them to stop growing. They are little for just a little while, and I don't want to speed that up.

Summertime helps that growing slow a little and reminds me to bask in all their little glory. I get to reflect, relax, and have fun in our world - even if it's only for a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment